Affirmations and Mantras and Incantations, Oh My!
Season 2, Episode 2 is here!
Let us walk the yellow brick road together! Incantations, affirmations, and mantras are not just for wizards and witches. Words and sounds are vibrational recipes that anyone can use to increase the power of the mind and heart. The EmPOWERment Couple is serving up an ancient, and powerful practice created to unlock your full potential. In the case of incantations they are not about what you say, but about how you say it. Speak the language of the universe and the universe will listen.
In this spellbinding episode, we uncover:
- How your brain serves your mind
- The differences between affirmations, mantras, and incantations
- How to create your own empowering incantation
- Habits to help you master the mind.
And as an additional elixir, The EmPOWERment Couple went ahead and concocted an Empowerment Incantations episode following this episode. You are a vibrational being, living in a vibrational world. You vibrate the world with your words.
Today we are going to empower you with a tool that you can use daily to radically change your mindset and ultimately change your life. Sounds like some voodoo magic, eh? Well, it kind of is! We talk a lot about electricity and energetic forces on this show and sometimes we need to break down the application of a tool so that it isn’t just another thing you do once or twice and it doesn’t give you results so it ends up in a pile in your room next to the rest of the as seen on tv or self-help books collecting dust.
As the EmPOWERment Couple, our job is to give you the keys to getting everything you want out of life. So rather than look at this as something you already tried but never got it to work, take a moment and listen to this show as if you’ve never learned anything about affirmations, mantras, incantations, or manifesting. If you dismiss it as “I already know this, or I tried it that one time at band camp and it didn’t work,” well guess what? You’re programming your mind to believe it doesn’t work. So, allow this information to be new, and believe that it’s possible to transform your life. Ok? If you agree Podfam, let’s continue!
Here is what you can expect in our show today:
- We’ll discuss your brain and how it functions
- We’ll define affirmations, mantras, and incantations
- We’ll help you create your own empowering incantation
We will start with a quote from Andrew Carnegie. “Any idea that is held in the mind, that is emphasized, that is either feared or revered, will begin at once to cloth itself in the most convenient and appropriate form available.” – Andrew Carnegie
So put simply, whatever you are fearing or revering will manifest. Revering just means something that you have respect for. Most of us have fallen victim to a negative mind loop or a scary thought you can’t shake. And many of us have had the experience where the thing that we were afraid of came true. Many of us have also experienced that when you’re anxious your mind goes to ridiculous places that don’t come true probably because you’ve figured out how to block the scariest thought through some type of negative system, like numbing or self-medicating. Rather than grabbing a drink or popping a pill or picking up the phone and being co-dependent on someone else to fix your mind, we invite you to use a self-soothing self-love tool called EmPOWERment incantations. The mind has the ability to make us feel extreme depression, anxiety, and the only cure is mastering your mindset and using a positive tool to calm your anxious or depressed mind loop.
To really execute this process well, you have to understand the brain. Hebb’s Law states that “Cells that fire together, wire together” and, more formally, “any two cells or systems of cells that are repeatedly active at the same time will tend to become ‘associated,’ so that activity in one facilitates activity in the other.” So if neurons that fire together wire together then we can look at how to repeat behaviors create a neural network or patterns of thought.
Our brains are usually described as muscles by a parent or figurehead that says if you don’t use it, you lose it. And we agree with the second part, the brain needs to be exercised but it is not a muscle. Our brains are much more complex than that. When you aim to improve your brain or learn anything new it can benefit the health of your brain.
In fact, brain exercises have been found to be beneficial in slowing age-related changes in the brain and those associated with neurological conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. A study published in 2017 showed that a brain-training intervention known as “speed-of-processing training” significantly reduced dementia risk. So, this exercise is going to be good for your brain.
But, let’s not get too scientific the most important part for you to retain, (so tell your brain to listen up) is understanding the difference between the conscious mind and the subconscious mind. “The conscious mind contains all of the thoughts, memories, feelings, and wishes of which we are aware at any given moment. The unconscious mind is a reservoir of feelings, thoughts, urges, and memories that are outside of our conscious awareness.” Put simply the conscious mind commands and the subconscious obeys. The conscious mind is the operator and the subconscious is a data bank for all that is and all that has happened. The key to utilizing the subconscious is to tap into your emotions. We are energy and mostly humans superpowers stem from their emotional energetic bodies. The subconscious mind is our emotional part of our brain and it’s how we tap into a deep spiritual source of energy magic when doing something creative. You’ll often hear songwriters like myself say, I don’t know where that idea came from? Or it came through me or it was a download from the universe. As Nikola Tesla said, ‘If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration.’ Our subconscious minds are tapped into the frequency and vibrational energy of the universe. Anyone that has meditated or had a spiritual awakening can attest to this fact.
So, going back to that Carnegie quote of anything that is feared or revered and held in the mind will manifest. What power incantations really do is reprogram your subconscious thoughts with things you want. But, you can’t just say them and hope for it to sink in, if you’ve tried affirmations or mantras in the past and they didn’t work, this might be why so listen closely. The magic sauce is to emotionally connect with the words you’re saying.
So if we were looking at why a person healed their mind in psychology or their body from some dis-ease doctors would consider what we’ve known for thousands of years. Believing that the placebo works is why the placebo worked. The first scientific demonstration of the placebo effect came in 1799. Why is this still being questioned by humans? If you believe you will achieve it, then you will. The subconscious doesn’t know how to determine what is fake or real. So if you choose to believe the incantations we provide you or the ones you create, you’re literally fueling your brain with what you want to be reflected in the outer world by saying you already have it. You are creating your reality whether you want to admit it or not and you’re doing it with your conscious and subconscious mind. If this concept or discussion about your subconscious mind is new, we highly recommend an oldie but goodie from Joseph Murphy called the Power Of Your Subconscious Mind. It’s on audible
Your thoughts become things. Your repeated thoughts become a powerful lens or a dark shadow you see all your life through. The choice of what kind of life you live is a direct result of what you are consciously thinking and subconsciously feeling. Unfortunately, you have a lot of societal pressures to think this way or that way. For example, media and corporations know that fear sells which provides them with the justification to engage in fear-mongering and direct pharmaceutical sales through your phone, tv, computer, magazine, social media site, or newspaper if you’re still reading those. The fact is that your brain can do the scary work all on its own because of our reptilian brain but media can make it worse and wear down our ability to refresh and follow our hearts rather than our fear brain.
The power of thinking new thoughts is easier said than done. Bad thoughts are just habits that have been unchecked. And don’t worry nobody avoids negative thoughts so that’s why we created this show.
If you’re like most people, you need this tool to help you reset when you get bogged down by life or fall out of your power rituals. You can pick any or all of the incantations we offer in this show or you can use all of these to reprogram your entire life.
First, let’s discuss a basic understanding of what affirmations are:
Affirmations are suggestions and thoughts that you give to yourself and can be either positive or negative. As you give yourself these suggestions, you are feeding them into your subconscious mind, which is what ultimately helps to determine your mental attitude.
What Are Mantras?
A mantra is a word, sound or invocation used to aid concentration for meditation. Mantras are sacred phrases, sounds, or words used in spiritual and ritual practices in Hinduism. It is said that the mantra creates a sense of armor around your body.
Several civilizations such as Indian and Vedic are known to use mantras in traditional terms for meditation. But the Greeks, Egyptians, and Zoroastrians were said to chant mantras to communicate with their gods. There are lots of studies that have been done on mantras showing that chanting these phrases or sounds can reduce stress levels, but yogis say it’s doing much more than that: It’s actually changing your brain’s chemistry and we love a good chemistry experiment gone right.
It’s been said that in yoga, asanas are postures of the body and mantras are postures of the mind. Mantras, when used in this fashion, are more like affirmations and help to keep you connected to a particular state of mind.
While mantras and affirmations are amazing and we use them both, sometimes they have not spoken aloud. Incantations are always spoken aloud and therefore they can be much more effective because you’re using your senses to manifest what you want.
What Are Incantations?
Incantations are simply the chanting or uttering of words purporting to have magical power.
To say an incantation you’ll need to bring in your 6 senses.
Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, and Touch and your sixth sense.
You will need to speak the incantation out loud. Then you want to add emotion to it. Next, it helps to memorize it so you can say it repeatedly throughout the day like on a morning walk, or in your car, or while you’re in the shower. Yes, we’re asking you to talk to yourself. The last step of an incantation is to visualize it as if it’s already happened. So, all incantations must be written in the present tense. You speak it, you feel it, you hold it in your mind and memorize, and then you see it. Our senses are one of the most powerful tools so use all of these to make your incantation manifest. “If you can see it, you can be it.” – Elizabeth Marvel
Let’s get to the empowering phrases we promised.
Here are the 100 EmPOWERment Incantations for health, love, abundance, success, happiness, adventure, romance, and self-love that anyone can use. While we still recommend you create your own with our formula, these can be said and repeated right now to power up your mindset.
This bonus episode is all about practicing what we covered in Affirmations and Mantras and Incantations, Oh My!. The instructions to unlock the full potential of this list are simple:
- Listen to the words for a passive affirmation experience
- Recite the list with us out loud and evoke your 6 senses for an incantation practice.
Any time you feel a little off, stressed, anxious, or find that your mind loops are ruining your day, use this tool to reset your mind. If you prefer reading them or recording yourself saying them in your own voice you can use our free PDF download: 100 EmPOWERment Incantations to power up your mindset for successful days. We have provided you some more suggestions as to how to maximize the list.
- Listen to this bonus episode and allow your body to resonate with each incantation.
- Listen to this bonus episode as often as you need.
- Note which incantations create a strong reaction for you.
- If the list enables you to have a powerful day or experience, create a habit of listening to it at least once a day.
- Create a list of the incantations that generate the most power within you and recite them to have a powerful day or experience. Make it a habit to recite it at least once a day.
- Use this list as an example and create your own list that you can listen to and recite at least once a day.
- Share this list, or your list with your friends and family to increase harmony within all of your relationships.
- Use emotional freedom technique or tapping with these incantations.
- The power of incantations is how you use the vibrational energy of the words to unlock your hidden potential. Your mind is a faithful servant or a terrible boss, so tell your mind what to do, and expect it to be done.
100 Empowerment Incantations:
- I am full of energy, excitement, and love.
- I know how to change my state at all times and choose to be in a healthy state always.
- I am full of joy and gratitude.
- My mind is brilliant, and my soul is eager to shine its unique powers.
- All my dreams, goals, and desires are instantaneously met.
- I am more than I seem to be, and within me are all the powers of the Universe.
- I love money and all it can buy.
- I am free and I have time to be with the people I love.
- My healthy body is created by my healthy thoughts.
- I attract money effortlessly. Oh look, there’s a $100 dollar bill right there.
- I love how it feels to be healthy and vibrant.
- I rest in complete bliss and happiness every time I go to sleep because I know everything is amazing in my Universe.
- I am the most content and happiest person on this planet.
- I am a money magnet, and money will always be attracted to me.
- I am grateful for my prosperity, talent, and the daily opportunities that I recognize and seize.
- My body is my temple of love and a force for good.
- I am worthy of being healthy, strong, loved, wealthy and free.
- My daily habits are helping me to become healthier and happier.
- I choose things that fuel me and everyone in my life.
- My healthy choices allow me to bring the best version of myself to every situation.
- I get plenty of restful and energizing sleep and I’m energized about being alive.
- Being wealthy is my natural state of being.
- Each deep breath cleanses my body and gives clarity and power.
- I feel a deep sense of well-being and I trust the universe.
- I am an incredibly positive person with incredible gifts to share with the world.
- My body heals easily and quickly. Every cell is regenerating and renewing right now.
- I invest in the health of my mind and body. Because I know health is wealth.
- My heart is healthy and strong so I follow the beat of my own drum.
- My happiness soars and expands each day.
- I have abundant energy to live my best life and give it to others.
- My body grows healthier and stronger every day.
- I deserve to be healthy and I am in control of my own health.
- I feel great, and I radiate an abundance of joy and gratitude.
- I honor my body, and I am surrounded by others who want me to be healthy.
- I trust the signals my body sends to me and rest when it says to and dance when it gets uptight.
- I radiate nothing but good feelings.
- I am in possession of a healthy body and a healthy mind. I am energetic and vigorous.
- I let go of all the bad feelings within me about others, incidents, and everything else that has happened and doesn’t serve me in the present moment of power.
- I forgive others when they show me their unhealthy state and I set boundaries to protect my energy.
- I say no to others so I can say yes to myself.
- My body is healthy, I am wealthy, and my mind is wise.
- I fill my mind with positive thoughts and my positive vibration is contagious.
- I use my body in ways that create positive emotions.
- I often smile and compliment a stranger so I can share the gift of positivity with the world.
- I lovingly remember the past and release it so I can relish the present moment.
- I am strong and feel good about myself and how healthy I am.
- I am at peace with my health and feel grateful for this gift.
- I always sleep in peace and wake up with incredible joy.
- I am stunning both inside and out.
- I love, care for, and nurture my body, and it cares back for me.
I am a beautiful human and I know it.
- Money is flowing to me right now in avalanches of abundance from unexpected sources.
- I create healing energy throughout my life and uplift my tribe.
- I am capable of manifesting maximum strength and health.
- Wealth pours into my life daily.
- My bank account expands with so many extra zeros I am overjoyed with an abundance of cash flow
- I have achieved financial miracles and mountains of dollars are piling up as I sit here.
- I am filled with gratitude and joy, and I love that more and more money is flowing to me daily.
- I deserve to be prosperous and to have an abundance of money in my bank accounts.
- The Universe is on my side, and it is guiding me toward wealth and abundance.
- I love my body. It takes me everywhere I want to go and impresses me with it’s agile nature.
- I feel grateful that my net worth increases substantially each year.
- Ideas for how to make more money come to me often and I apply them with ease.
- I feel good about money and that is why it comes to me so easily.
- I can help others with the money I attract into my life
- I allow financial abundance to enter my life.
- Opportunities to make more money come to me effortlessly.
- I attract money with ease, and I now have more wealth than I ever thought possible.
- Abundance is all around me, and I feel wonderful surrounded by wealth.
- I am prosperous, and I am grateful for all the good things in my life.
- Every day, and in every way, I’m experiencing more and more joy and happiness in my life.
- Happiness is my natural state of being. I deserve to be happy.
- By being happy every day, I can help others to become happy in their lives.
- I am grateful for all the happy feelings that follow me everywhere I go.
- I constantly think uplifting thoughts and it shows on my face, in my aura, and people love to be around me.
- I am incredibly grateful for the air I’m breathing, the water I have access to, and the food in my refrigerator.
- I am a joyful giver and a happy receiver of good things in my life.
- I am an unstoppable force for good.
- I trust myself because my inner wisdom knows the truth.
- I breathe in happiness with every single breath that I take.
- I wake up feeling grateful for this life and full of joy.
- I am always improving and learning new things that make me happy.
- I am present and feel tremendous joy at this moment.
- I can transform any negative into a positive, no matter what it is.
- I am the creator of my day, my weeks, my months, and my years and I chose to create happiness and joy.
- I decide to make my life a masterpiece worth remembering
- I feel alive, and the world around me feels new and fresh.
- Life is wonderful, and I love living.
- There are endless opportunities for me to experience joy and happiness every day.
- I transform any obstacle into abundant opportunities.
- I am eternally grateful for the abundance in my life.
- I am elated and proud when I make progress toward reaching my goals.
- I focus on good things and good things flow to me.
- I feel a tremendous sense of happiness and peace within myself.
- I work joyfully toward all my goals and dreams.
- I am always happy because I am doing great things with my life.
- The possibilities that life presents me with are infinite.
- I float happily and in a content manner within my world.
- I find joy, happiness, and pleasure in the tiniest of things.
- I can tap into my internal spring of happiness anytime I want and let out a flow of joy, pleasure, happiness, and well-being.
- I look at and observe the world around me with a smile because I can’t help but sense all the joy around me.