How to Hack Your Energy Centers
Episode 21 is here!
Who needs a double espresso or a toxic energy drink when you were born with everything you need to function at your absolute best? Not only can you reproduce the effects of bottled stimulants and heavy doses of depressants, but you can do so with zero negative effects, and best of all, it’s free! The EmPOWERment Couple is back again to break down how you can hack your energy centers, known throughout history as your chakras.
In this energetic episode we are going to give you a healthy dose of the following:
- How to heal each chakra or energy center.
- How to balance your energy system
How to incorporate lifestyle changes to keep the chakra system flowing with loving, healing, and expanding energy.
- Each energy hacking list covers how we as humans experience life- through our five senses: sight, smell, touch, hearing, and taste.
- If you are ready to experience what true health and happiness feel like, then plugin and let the
EmPOWERment Couple flip the switch to a life of self-mastery and badassery! You were designed to be bold, brave, and beautiful.
This episode is going to be focused on our energy centers also known as the Chakras. Since western society is obsessed with action and productivity, we wanted to create a very simplistic approach to how to create more energy for free, no coffee, or fancy energy enhancing drugs required. The current programming the U.S. receives is designed to create consumers, and not to create empowered humans. The programming actually supports consumerism because when you feel depressed, lonely, sad, scared, or disempowered you will look to purchase products that promise to fulfill that need. The truth is we have more internal energy and power than we are using and it’s free. We were naturally born with the ability to activate our energy centers and create massive change. Since scientists can’t really explain the benefits of aligning or activating the chakras, we have to rely on looking to historical texts and practices as they may provide us more powerful insight than modern science into the mind-body aspects of the chakra system. But, don’t worry we aren’t going to recite everything there is to know about Chakras because we already did that. This episode is about hacking your energy centers and we are going to educate and entertain you with some FREE, and easy ways to do that now using your 5 senses.
This episode is part 2 of the Seven Wheels a Spinning, so if you have not yet listened to that episode, it may be wise to give it a go. In that episode, we covered what a chakra is, how it works, a brief history of the chakra system, and signs that your chakra or energy centers may be out of balance.
What we are going to cover in this episode:
- How to heal each chakra or energy center.
- How to balance your energy system
- How to incorporate lifestyle changes to keep the chakra system flowing with loving, healing, and expanding energy.
- Each energy hacking list covers how we as humans experience life- through our five senses, sight, smell, touch, hearing, and taste.
Your chakra system works very much like cogs in a machine. One cog turns the next, which turns the next, and so on. When one of these cogs is out of balance, every other chakra in your body is forced to either work too hard, or spin too fast, or not work hard enough causing it to spin too slow. Over time, these deficiencies or excesses will manifest in the body as an illness, manifest in the mind like an unwanted personality trait, and will manifest in the soul as a suspension of growth, disconnectivity to source energy, and a disruption of the souls purpose on this planet. Simply put, when one chakra is out of balance, the level of enjoyment that you can experience is reduced and the level of discomfort, dissatisfaction, and disease is increased.
Each chakra has the ability to be open or closed, overactive or underactive, or negatively charged or positively charged. The ideal state of each chakra would be open, balanced, and positively charged. However, due to poor lifestyles, habits, and a lack of awareness, most people spend their life functioning in a body that is chronically out of balance.
But never fear, the EmPOWERment Couple is here and we have produced a list of tools, habits, and lifestyle hacks that you can immediately use to supercharge your chakra system. To use the following lists, it is best to throw out the misconception that healing the body takes a lot of time, a lot of effort, or will require a doctor, nurse, or alternative healing practitioner. The body reacts very quickly to stimulate the 5 senses, and the following hacks are designed to elicit a quick, yet subtle change in how each energy center functions. When used several times, the changes will be obvious and more tangible. When incorporated into a lifestyle, the effects will be long-lasting and will raise your vibration so that your body is in perfect health, and your mind experiences abundant happiness.
Using Your Senses To Hack Your Energy Centers:
- Taste: Food is one of the easiest ways to quickly open, heal, and charge your chakras. As a reminder, food is the energy that our bodies use to exist on this planet. Every single bite of food that you place in your mouth has a unique vibrational frequency. Living food such as fresh fruits and vegetables have a higher frequency and processed foods such as canned food, fast food, and junk food, have a lower frequency. So, if you are what you eat, then based on the last meal you enjoyed, are you a fresh bite of deliciousness, or are you a mouthful of junk? The hack to producing a lot of energy with food is to eat the rainbow. Fresh meaning local, organic meaning not grown with chemicals, and as much raw as possible.
- Sight: The use of color is also a great way to passively affect your chakras. As stated in the last chakra episode, Seven Wheels A Spinning, each chakra is associated with a specific color. Therefore, if you know that your Solar Plexus is out of balance, then wearing yellow clothing and jewelry, decorating your workspace or home with yellow accents, or sitting in a field full of yellow flowers is a great idea.
- Hearing: Music is a passive way that you can use to work on your chakras. Do you ever wonder why turning on music changes your mood? Literally when people watch an artist they like, their whole aura changes. But, it doesn’t have to be on your phone, or in concert. Musical sounds such as singing bowls, chimes, listening to meditative chants and relaxing music can, directly and indirectly, move energy around. Binaural beats and guided meditations are extremely powerful in targeting a specific chakra or to administer an overall balancing effect on the entire system. Mike has two guided meditations that we have as bonus episodes, so if that’s a new area for you, tap into that source for free.
- Touch: Like aromatherapy, crystals are an easy way of directly affecting your chakras. We will also get into specific crystals per chakra in a bit, but keeping a crystal in your pocket, bedroom, workspace, or wearing it as jewelry is one of the oldest and easiest ways to tap into a crystal’s powerful properties. Meditating with crystals will have a stronger effect, so if you already have a meditative practice, then you may want to incorporate some of the crystals we will mention soon.
- Smell: Using essential oils is an easy way of directly affecting your chakra systems. We will get into specific essential oils per energy center in a bit, but know that using this form of healing is quite easy. You can use an essential oil diffuser, you can add a few drops in your bath, you can keep a small bottle in your desk, pocket, or purse and it’s a fast way to change your energy. It’s so fast, you can quickly turn an elevator ride, Uber ride, or a long line at the grocery store into a mini healing session.
Understanding How Sixth Senses Can Heal Your Energy Centers:
- Yoga: Yoga is one of the most powerful forms of movement that you can do that will open, heal and charge your chakras. When combined with breathing and meditation, which typically are taught during most yoga classes, you can actually feel blockages being removed and energy flowing as it should.
- Reiki: Reiki is a technique that allows one to move energy around the body using the power of intention and visualization. Believe it or not, but Reiki is a skill that everyone has access to. Most people don’t understand or develop those skills but using our energy to heal others is possible. So, if you don’t want to place learning Reiki on your list of things to do, seek out a local Reiki practitioner and give them a try.
First Energy Center: Root Chakra
The Root Chakra, also known as Muladhara in Sanskrit, is the first chakra. Most people’s imbalances begin here making it difficult for you to balance any of your chakras.
Root Chakra Foods: The Root Chakra’s color is red, therefore when consumed in food, make sure you add as many red-colored fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
Here is your tasty energy hack list:
- Blood oranges
- Red apples
- Red bell peppers
- Red chili peppers
- Red grapes
- Red onions
Root Chakra Yoga Asanas: Through the root chakra we receive grounding, so any asana can benefit the root chakra with proper focus and visualization. Whether you are standing on your feet, balancing on your hands, laying on your back or belly, or sitting on your booty, focus on the part of your body that is resting on the ground and visualize earth’s powerful energy traveling up through the floor and collecting in your root chakra. But, there are some asanas that target the root chakra when done properly.
- Sukhasana – seated pose
- Balasana – child pose
- Ardha Hanumanasana – half-monkey pose
- Trikonasana – triangle pose
- Malasana – garland pose
- Savasana – Corpse Pose
- Sun Salutations
Color: Believe it or not, but color plays a massive role in how we feel, respond, and make decisions. This is well known to the marketing world as brands invest big bucks in developing the right color scheme for their products. The color of a uniform, a suit, a dress, or even a pair of shoes evokes a whole set of perceptions the moment that we see them. There is a reason why Superman’s outfit is blue and red and why wedding dresses are usually white. The color red is associated with the root chakra, therefore, slide on a red running suit and give your Muladhadra some love..
Root Chakra Aromatherapy: So if you have not yet picked up on the fact that you can stimulate your chakras through the 5 senses, here is a big hint. You can! Aromatherapy makes use of the body’s sense of smell. When stimulating the root chakra, use Patchouli or Cypress
Root Chakra Crystal Therapy: An easy way to mate a crystal to a specific chakra is by the color of the crystal. Red crystals such as Garnet, Red Jasper, and ruby are an easy match. However, grounding crystals such as hematite, Smokey quartz, and tiger’s eye will also have a positive effect on the root chakra. To use any one of these crystals, place one or more on your root chakra located near your perineal, or just above your privates and recite the following mantra: “I am safe.”
Root Chakra Sound: Each chakra has a sound that when chanted will have a positive effect on it. The sound for the root chakra is LAM.
Second Energy Center: Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra, also known as Svadhishthana in Sanskrit, is your second chakra. The English translation is: “Where your being is established.”
Sacral Chakra Food: The color of the sacral chakra is orange, so consume as many orange foods as possible. These foods include:
- Sweet potatoes
- Orange bell peppers
Sacral Chakra Asanas: As we go through some of the poses that support, stimulate, or supercharge each chakra, let it be known that each chakra will build upon the chakra below it. Therefore, the asanas listed for the root chakra will also benefit every chakra above it. So, instead of listing what was already listed, I will list a few poses that target each chakra. The asanas that will focus on the sacral chakra will place a focus on the hips. These asanas are:
- Baddha Konasana – bound angle pose
- Ustrasana – Camel pose
- Bhujangasana -Cobra pose
- Dhanurasana -Bow pose
- Seth Banda Sarvangasana – Bridge pose
Sacral Chakra Color: Orange
Sacral Chakra Aromatherapy: Neroli or Ylang-ylang
Sacral Chakra Crystals: Fiery crystals such as carnelian and citrine work well with the sacral chakra. Orange calcite, orange aragonite cluster, and fire agate would make the sacral quite happy. Place one of these stones on your sacral chakra, located an inch or two below the navel, close your eyes, and repeat the mantra, “I feel Satisfied.”
Sacral Chakra Sound: VAM
The Third Energy Center: Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus chakra, also known as Manipura which means shining gem is your third energy center.
Solar Plexus Chakra Foods: Yellow is the color of the solar plexus chakra, so fill your face with yellow foods.
These foods include:
- Passion fruit
- Yellow carrots, bell peppers, and tomatoes
- Yellow onions
- Corn on the cob
Solar Plexus Asanas: Because this chakra houses most of our digestive organs, asanas that are designed to detoxify the body are key. Twists and backbends will help keep this chakra flowing quite nicely. The following asanas should be included in your practice:
- Salabhasana- Locust pose
- Bitilasana- Cow pose
- Parighasana- Gate pose
- Parivrtta Utkatasana -Revolved Chair pose
- Marichyasana- Sage pose
- Supta Jathara Parivartanasana- supine spinal twist
- Parivrtta Sukhasana- Seated twist
Solar Plexus Color: Yellow
Solar Plexus Aromatherapy: Pine or ginger
Solar Plexus Crystals: Our favorites for the Solar Plexus are pyrite, ametrine which is a combination of amethyst and pyrite, yellow apatite, calcite, copper, and mookaite jasper. Place one or more of these beautiful and powerful stones on the Solar Plexus, located just below the sternum, and repeat the following mantra: “I am steady.”
Solar Plexus Sound: RAM
Fourth Energy Center: The Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra, also known as the Anahata Chakra in Sanskrit, is your 4th energy center. English translation… “unstuck.”
Heart Chakra Foods: Green is the color of the heart chakra, therefore fall in love with green foods.
These heart energizing foods include:
- Green apples
- Green beans
- Green peppers, onions, and cabbage
Heart Chakra Asanas: When thinking about the heart chakra, think heart-opening asanas. Poses that extend the chest and reverse the body’s tendency to slouch as if to cover the heart with the shoulders. Heart opening asanas include:
- Virabhadrasana A- warrior 1 pose
- Urdhva Hastasana – mountain pose with hands up
- Anjaneyasana- Crescent lunge
Heart Chakra Color: Green
Heart Chakra Aromatherapy: Rosewood, Rose or Jasmine
Heart Chakra Crystals: At the top of my heart chakra stone list is Rose Quartz. All of the green crystals will do well such as Amazonite, aventurine, chrysoprase, Fuchsite, jade, and malachite. As a rule of thumb, green and pink stones like rose quartz, are great for the heart chakra. Other pink stones are rhodochrosite, pink tourmaline, and kunzite. Place one or more of these green or pink stones on the heart chakra and recite the following mantra: “I love myself.”
Heart Chakra Sound: YAM
The Fifth Energy Center: The Throat Chakra
The Throat chakra, also known as the Vishuddha Chakra in Sanskrit, is your 5th energy center. The English translation is, “Especially Pure.”
The Throat Chakra Foods: Blue is the color of the throat chakra. You may think that the list of blue foods is short, but check this out:
- Purple potatoes
- Purple carrots
- Purple cabbage
- Purple figs
- Purple peppers
The Throat Chakra Asanas: When you want to work on your throat chakra place a focus on elongating the neck as if you were a howling wolf, and then finding the opposite pose to stretch the back of the neck. When stretching the front of the neck, as if you were howling at the moon, extend the tongue for an additional benefit. The following asanas will be great for the throat:
- Ardha Salabhasana – Half-Locust pose
- Salamba Bhujangasana- Sphinx pose
- Purvottanasana – Upward Plank pose
- Halasana -Plow pose
- Salamba Sarvangasana- Supported Shoulder Stand pose
Throat Chakra Color: Blue
Throat Chakra Aromatherapy: Lavender or Roman Chamomile
Throat Chakra Crystals: Blue crystals will work on both the throat and the third eye chakra. My favorites are Lapis Lazuli, blue lace agate, blue chalcedony, blue kyanite, and Angelite. Place one of these calming stones on your throat chakra and recite the following mantra: “I speak the truth.”
Throat Chakra sound: HAM
The Sixth Energy Center: The Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye chakra, also known as the Ajna Chakra in Sanskrit, is your 6th energy center. The English translation is, “command.”
Third Eye Chakra Foods: indigo. What foods are indigo? Well, like most of the blue stones, blue foods work with the throat chakra and the third eye chakra. However, in food, indigo appears as a blue with a black overtone found in:
- Black beans
- Black olives
- Black cherries
Third Eye Asanas: Due to the location of this chakra as well as the crown chakra, where you place your head is key. You can stretch, twist, or elongate the skull, but you can control the flow of blood in and out of the head. When considering asanas to help both the third eye and the Crown chakra, think inversions, and forward folds, both will place the head below the heart. We covered many asanas where the head is below the heart in the lower chakras, but here are a few select poses that I practice on the regular:
- Uttanasana- standing forward bend
- Padahastasana- gorilla pose
- Prasarita Padottanasana – Wide legged forward bend
- Adho Mukha Svanasana – Downward facing dog pose
- Salamba Sirsasana- Supported Headstand
Third Eye Color: Indigo
Third Eye Aromatherapy: Sandalwood or Rosemary
Third Eye Crystals: Many of the stones that work with the throat chakra will also help with the third eye. However, there are a few stones that are third eye powerhouses. Azurite, charoite, iolite, and labradorite are great at opening this powerful chakra. To unlock the power place one or more on your third eye, located on your brow just between your eyes, and recite the following mantra: “I see the truth.”
Third Eye Chakra Sound: AUM
The Seventh Energy Center: The Crown Chakra
The Crown Chakra, also known as the Sahasrara Chakra in Sanskrit, is your 7th energy center. The English translation is, “Thousand Pedaled.”
Crown Chakra Foods: The crown chakra is where we will consume both black and blue foods. We can also nosh on white food. Cue the crown energizing foods:
- White beans
- White corn
- White eggplant
- White onions
- White radishes
Crown Chakra Asanas: All of the asanas listed will benefit the crown chakra, however, to supercharge each asana to give your Crown chakra some extra love, find the silence hidden in each pose. It is in the silence, or the stillness that you create that will allow all of the positive energy you have culminated during your yoga flow to find its way up into the crown chakra, allowing it to open wide and take in copious amounts of cosmic energy.
Crown Chakra Colors: Violet or white
Crown Chakra Aromatherapy: Lime or Frankincense
The Crown Chakra Crystals: Amongst the many stones that stimulate the crown chakra, amethyst is one of the most used crystals. Lemurian quartz, moldavite, selenite, and tektite will serve this chakra well. Place one or more of these high vibrational stones on your crown chakra located on the top of your head and recite the following mantra: “I know the truth.”
Crown Chakra Sound: Silence
Balancing Your Energy Centers:
So, once you open, heal, and charge each chakra, the next level is to maintain the balance of all of your chakras. The following energy hack list will come in handy.
- Foods: The best way to keep your chakras balanced is to eat the rainbow. I’m not talking about a pack of skittles but eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
- Asanas: A good instructor will be able to sequence together with a set of asanas that will cater to each of the chakras, so get your ass to a class.
- Colors: Pick a color to wear each day of the week. Seven colors, seven chakras, and seven days of the week. Simple right?
- Aromatherapy: Start an aromatherapy collection so that you have essential oil for each chakra. Place them all in front of you and the chakra that needs the most attention will push you to choose which one to use at the time. Hey, maybe it is more than one.
- Crystals can be used in the same way that you could use essential oils. Your body’s innate intelligence will tell you what you need. However, there are a handful of crystals that can stimulate the entire chakra system. My favorites are clear quartz, super seven melody stone, both black and blue kyanite, and shiva lingam.
- Mantras are an amazing way of centering, balancing, and connecting the entire chakra system. An easy mantra to remember is:
“I allow my body to return to its natural state of joy, happiness, and love.”
We can’t close out this show without mentioning the many other ways that you can heal, balance, hack your energy centers, boost your drive for life, and supercharge your chakra. Here are a few more inspiring ways to hack your energy centers.
- Make a colorful salad.
- Go for a walk in the woods.
- Have sex!
- Laugh your ass off!
- Enjoy breathing.
- Did we mention sex?
- Meditate outdoors.
- Dance, dance, and dance!
- Hug a human, a pet, or a tree.
- Swim in a lake, river, or an ocean.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Watch the sunset.
- Watch the moon rise.
- Moon bathe.
- Give more love than you receive.
- Accept all of your flaws, all of your gifts, and say thank you.
Sometimes we are approached by friends, family, or clients that wonder where we get our energy from and why we seem to be on some wonder drug. There is no mystery to the magic of using what nature already gave us. Our energy is directly related to our five senses and our willingness to get out of our minds and create healthy habitual rituals. You can heal your life, hack your energy, and become the most beautiful you by empowering yourself with the information we share every week.
If you’ve missed our most popular episodes:
Sex Medicine: Hump Me Healthy is our most downloaded episode
Laughter Medicine: Tickle Me Healthy is the second most downloaded episode
Or last week’s episode Fun Medicine: Playing To Win
Tune into the free healing and the love we are serving up every Thursday. May it empower you to live your most beautiful life.